The Sword of The Gods
Ferelden is an ancient world and has undergone eight total ages. Each age is about one thousand years long (with the exception of the first age and the fifth age.) There are also additional ages that pre-date Ferelden’s creation. The following wiki links only include the basic knowledge of each age leading up to the eighth age in which this campaign takes place. The player characters will discover more about Ferelden’s history as they progress.
- The First Age The age immediately after the Dawn War, the gods claimed control over Ferelden upon the field of battle with the primordials. The gods and primordials make their pact with the primal spirits.
- The Second Age The age when the gods begin to create mortal beings to populate the realms of the Astral Sea.
- The Third Age The age when mortals begin to form the first kingdoms:
Longbeards: Dwarves; Nerath: (Wasn’t fully formed, just an alliance was made between the king and his sons): Humans; The Council of Fey: high elves, elves, all other fey; Arkosia: Dragonborn;
- The Fourth Age The beginning of the Blood War occurred between Arkosia and The Sons of Melkor(Bael Taerath).
- The Fifth Age The age when Nerath was first established to put an end to the bloodshed of the Blood War. Nerath assisted Arkosia only to find the one empire destroying falling and taking the other down with it. The city of Serpentus Rift was overrun and the Golden One was nowhere to be found. At the same time, and the Arkosian Council of Seven killed the demon Melkor and all of the inhabitants of the teifling cities. Nerath came in and cleared out whatever straggling Teiflings may have been left. Kingdoms of Erebor and Sylvanesti formed.
- The Sixth Age The age when Nerath began it’s conquest to dominate Ferelden. The teifling race is almost hunted to extinction. The dragonborn city state of Ishtar was formed.
- The Seventh Age The age when the War of the Kings occurred. A rebellion of outcast men, remnants of the dwarf, elf, teifling, dragonborn and high elf races rebelled against Nerath. Nerath fell leaving only the kingdoms of Markarth in it’s place. Eastern Kingdoms were formed.
- The Eighth Age Began one hundred years ago. Current age.